CALL FOR PROPOSALS KAGE CONFERENCE 2020
KAGE is pleased to announce that we are now accepting presenter proposals for the 40th Annual Conference on February 24 – 25, 2020 in Lexington.
The major goals of the conference are to:
- Highlight special materials, practices, and curriculum approaches that are responsive to the needs of high-ability learners;
- Provide networking opportunities for participants engaged in curriculum, instruction and assessment for high ability learners; and
- Provide participants with additional insights into the nature and needs of gifted students
CONFERENCE STRANDS include (1) designing curriculum for the gifted, (2) social-emotional needs of the gifted, (3) administrating gifted services, (4) and other topics representing best practices and experiences for gifted children. All presentations should have a gifted education focus. Presentations could be about projects or issues related to gifted education programming or the nature of gifted students, advocacy, parenting strategies, technology, and practical strategies/curricula of interest to general classroom and/or G/T resource teachers as they serve gifted students.
KAGE IS ESPECIALLY INTERESTED in the following topics in which past conference attendees have expressed an interest and need:
- Enrichment for gifted students
- Meeting the needs of gifted children in a diverse classroom
- Dealing with stress, perfectionism, and / or underachievement of gifted students
- Identification of gifted students in any of the five areas identified in Kentucky schools but especially in the underserved populations & areas
- Advocacy with colleagues and administrators
- Best practices and experiences for gifted learners
You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for consideration. These presentations will take place on Tuesday, February 25, 2020. Sessions are 50-60 minutes long. There is no fee compensation for these presentations. Presentations should be content-based and not a product advertisement. An overhead screen only is provided. Presenter assumes all costs involved, including handouts. Presenters must be registered for at least one day of the conference.
The deadline to submit proposals is November 21, 2019. Final confirmation of acceptance status will be December 10, 2019.
Contact the KAGE office if you have any questions or problems using this form – firstname.lastname@example.org or 270.745.4301.
Thank you for your interest in the KAGE Annual Conference 2020!
last updated 10/17/2019