KAGE is pleased to announce the 33rd Kentucky Association for Gifted Education’s Annual Conference February 4-5, 2013, at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington, KY. THE MAJOR GOALS of the conference are to:
- Highlight special materials, practices, and curriculum approaches that are responsive to the needs of high-ability learners;
- Provide networking opportunities for participants engaged in curriculum, instruction and assessment for high ability learners; and
- Provide participants with additional insights into the nature and needs of gifted students.
CONFERENCE STRANDS include
- identification and services for the five areas of identified giftedness in Kentucky,
- curriculum differentiation,
- social-emotional needs of the gifted, and
- administrating gifted services.
All presentations should have a gifted education focus. Presentations could be about projects or issues related to gifted education programming or the nature of gifted students, advocacy, parenting strategies, technology, and practical strategies/curricula of interest to general classroom and/or G/T resource teachers as they serve gifted students.
KAGE IS ESPECIALLY INTERESTED in the following topics in which past conference attendees have expressed an interest and need:
- Enrichment for Gifted Students
- Meeting the needs of gifted children in a diverse classroom
- Dealing with Stress, Perfectionism, and / or Underachievement of Gifted Students
- Identification of Gifted Students in any of the Five Areas Identified in Kentucky Schools but especially in the Underserved Populations and Areas
- Advocacy with colleagues and administrators
- Writing and Implementing the GSSP
You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for consideration. These presentations will occur February 5, 2013. A screen, only, is provided. Other AV needs are provided by the presenter. Sessions are 60 minutes long. There is no fee compensation for these presentations. Presenter assumes all costs involved. Below is a link for proposal submissions online. The deadline to submit proposals is December 19, 2012. Contact the KAGE office if you have any questions or problems using this form – firstname.lastname@example.org or 270.745.4301.