Capitol Tunnel Poster Campaign 2019-20
In February 2020 KAGE will again sponsor Gifted Education Month in Kentucky.
Are you a District G/T Coordinator? The Gifted Education Poster Campaign Committee for KAGE is needing your help! This year’s theme for Kentucky’s Gifted Education Month in February is “Supporting our Gifted Leaders of the Future.” KAGE invites you to showcase the wonderful things that your district does to support gifted education. Each district’s Gifted Coordinator is asked to participate by submitting high quality pictures from your district using our shared Google Slide link provided in the instructions below. Posters will be showcased by KAGE for our state legislators in the Capitol Tunnel in Frankfort in February, as well as displayed at the annual KAGE Conference.
District Coordinator Instructions:
1. Use the shareable link to visit the Google Slide site. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JU4_t3fjznuDelk4x6pq4U_o7dkmtTxxI0LjxL3wy_w/edit?usp=sharing
2. View the slides to see examples of what other districts are submitting, but do not make any changes to them.
3. Choose one of the next available templates to create a slide for your district. You will change add your school district’s name for the heading; Then, you need to insert high-resolution pictures (for they will be enlarged to poster size) and insert text boxes to add captions to the pictures. You may adjust the size of the KAGE logo. However, the image need to remain consistently on each poster.
4. Make sure that all students have photo releases on file in your district, before submitting a picture on the Google Slide Template.
5. Please complete your district’s showcase slide by December 20, 2019.
Educating parents and district and community leaders on the importance of appropriate educational opportunities for gifted students is particularly critical. Invite parents and community and school leaders into a G/T classroom during this week. Ask them to participate in challenging activities along with gifted students! Possibilities for showcasing gifted students and gifted education are limitless.
Gifted Education Month in Kentucky is a good time to open positive dialogues with key decision makers, parents, local officials, and community members.
Click here to learn how you can contact your legislators.