Gifted Education Proclamation Virtual Ceremony 2021
Join KAGE and others on February 3, 2021 for a Virtual Gifted and Talented Month Proclamation Ceremony. During the ceremony, photos will showcase gifted and talented services in school districts across the Commonwealth.
Contact KAGE if you would like a copy of the Proclamation. The wording could be used for a Proclamation in your district. Email KAGE with photos of special activities your district is doing for Gifted Education Month.
THIS PROCLAMATION CEREMONY VIDEO WILL BE AVAILABLE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY.
Agenda for the Virtual Proclamation Ceremony Wednesday February 3, 2021
- Opening & Welcome, Jane Paulin, KAGE President
- Governor Andy Beshear
- Cameron Snowden, Senior, Craft Academy for Excellence in Science and Mathematics, Morehead State University, Parents are Gregory Snowden and Renee Davidson from Jackson, KY.
- Dr. Jason E. Glass, Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Education
- Sachi Barnaby, Oboe performance, Senior, The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky, Western KY University, Parents are Masako and Jerry Barnaby from Bowling Green, KY.
- Morgan Guess, 2015 KAGE Distinguished Student, Senior, McCracken County High School, Parents are Craig and Susan Guess from Paducah, KY.
- Senator Givens, President Pro Tempore, Kentucky Senate
- Duncan McGinnis, Viola performance, Junior, Craft Academy for Excellence in Science and Mathematics, Morehead State University, Parents are Vicki and Stephen McGinnis from Russell. He will play One of Eccles’ Sonata in G minor.
- Representative David Meade, Speaker Pro Tempore, Kentucky House of Representatives
- Andrew Davison, Senior, The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky, Western KY University, Parents are of Rebecca and Scott Davison from Rowan County.
- Senator Morgan McGarvey, Minority Floor Leader, Kentucky Senate
- Lucas Strunk, 2017 KAGE Distinguished Student, 8th Grader from McCreary County Middle School, Parents are Jason and Aimee Stunk.
- Representative Joni Jenkins, Minority Floor Leader, Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kate Hastings, 2020 KAGE Distinguished Student, Fifth Grader at Cassidy Elementary School, Fayette County Schools, Parents are Todd and Jessica Hastings from Lexington, KY.
- Presentation and Reading/Signing of the Proclamation, Jane Paulin
Last updated 02/03/2021